Search This Blog

Loading...

Monday, 7 January 2013

Book Review/Rant: Divergent by Veronica Roth

I suppose a lot of you have read this book, so this isn't so much of a formal book review as a rant about it.
I bought this book on my Kindle a couple of days ago, and I haven't been able to put it down. I finished it last night, and I wanted to talk about it while its fresh in my mind.
I absolutely adored this book. The plot itself was such an original idea, and the characters were realistic and believable, which made it all the more fun to read. This is the kind of book that sends that shiver down your spine and makes you wonder what the future will actually be like for society.
This was also the first book where I haven't turned my nose up at the romantic side of it. I admit I am usually a bit of a Scrooge when it comes to romance in books, but in Divergent, I found myself cheering them on instead!
Personally, I think that this book is even better than The Hunger Games, and I am a massive fan of The Hunger Games, so a book has to be good to beat it!
I just loved this book, I can't wait to read the sequel!

1 comment:

  1. The book is great, isn't it? I can't wait to read the sequel!

    ReplyDelete

We love to receive feedback, and it just makes our day whenever we read them, so thank you from the bottom of our hearts for any comments you may make.
Be sure to add us on twitter, and if you leave your username in the comment we will be sure to add you back!
Follow us as @G30rg13_R, @Gail__Abi, @Issy_Rich and @lily_kirby, or on Google+ as 'BrainStorm Books'.