Anyways, I'm here today to talk to you about a new website called Indicated. The lovely Louisa extended an invitation to me a couple of months ago to be a beta-tester for her new website, and I was given free-reign of the website and its unique features.
I'd say that Indicated is pretty one-of-a-kind - it offers both exposure to indie authors and help and advice on how to get the word out. It also allows bloggers like me to find books that we might not otherwise find, and help the author of the work get the recognition that they deserve. Online communities can make or break a book, and in an age where the internet rules all your online marketing and image mean everything. This site offers the tools with which an indie author can find their footing in the book world, and I'm pleased to be a part of the beginning.
Louisa is running a competition to launch the official opening of Indicated to the public - here are some details from the woman herself:
To celebrate our launch on Tuesday November 19th we’re giving away the 7 goodies below to help authors and thank people for helping spread the word.
1. A $50 voucher for production of banners and bookmarks by Anastasia Creatives.
2. A $50 voucher for editing services by Indie Editing by Kathy Lapeyre (Kathy is an awesome editor with over 25 years editing experience).
3. 2 x guides from the Savvy Book Marketer (How to Sell More Books, and your choice of either 1. How to Get Your Book Reviewed 2. Facebook Guide for Authors 3. Twitter Guide for Authors.) Valued at $54.
4. 1 x Gold membership to Indicated (includes access to the review and support system, and book promotion library). Valued at $77.
5. 1 x Silver membership to Indicated (includes access to the review and support system only). Valued at $27.
6. 2 x $25 Amazon gift vouchers.
In other news, Catching Fire opens very soon, which I'm super excited about; Castle Season 5 came out on UK DVD on Monday but I can't get it yet; Doctor Who: The Day of the Doctor is close and an event which I am helping to organise at school is mere days away! (If you live near Norwich then you can find more details about the event here - http://www.visitaylsham.co.uk/calendar/va112013s.html)
Thanks for reading, and I hope you check out Louisa's website (which will be even better once it's open to the public).